Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Review Of : Life Of Pi (3D)

Bookmark and Share

\

Just watched "LIFE OF PI" in 3D yesterday. (:


Directed By Ang Lee

Starring Irrfan Khan, Suraj Sharma, Adil Hussain

Synopsis:
Based upon the bestselling book by Yann Martel, LIFE OF PI tells the story of a young man's incredible survival at sea against impossible odds when he is the only human who survived the shipwrecked. While cast away, he went through an amazing journey and forms an unexpected connection another survivor; a Bengal Tiger. 



First thing I would I to express is that the visuals are amazing. 

In my opinion, the visuals are on par to "Avatar" and "Hugo". In certain scenes, its like "Avatar" on Earth. 
With amazing graphics/CGI and great cinematography. Truly, worth it in 3D. And can you believe it that the Tiger is CGI? I can't tell the difference between the scenes which they used a real Tiger & the CGI one. 

The overall story is rather simple but really heartwarming with a touch of humour. 
Just saying, It reminds me of background in "Titanic" (shipwrecked) , "127 Hours" (the isolation & the will to survive) "Slum-dog Millionaire"(maybe because its in India) and weirdly "Jungle Book". 
But all that aside, "Life Of Pi" serves a good message of faith, wonder,courage and to not give up hope.


Although, I was hoping for something more, but overall "Life Of Pi" was really good. Ang Lee succeeded to made a good movie from a good book. Maybe, I might want to read the book myself. 

As I said the story was simple but rather touching. I like the fact that they added a touch of humour & wonder in the movie. 
Plot-wise, really interesting & captivating. I will not say anymore, as I do not want to spoil it for you. :)
Good acting. Pi acted by Suraj Sharma accompanied by other casts did a great job with bringing out the emotional aspect of the film.  
Visually, stunning. Great cinematography & graphics. Til now, I wonder how they did it, I'm still trying to differentiate which is real & which is CGI. Amazing. 
The music really brought the emotion & life to the story overall.

Although, this movie may not make you tear up, but it is truly touching. 
All in all, a great message delivered with a good story. I recommend you to watch it in 3D. (:

My Rating?

Plot : 3.75/5
Storyline : 3.5/5
Characters*: 3.75/5 
Effects** :5/5
OVERALL : 8.75/10.


Trailer: 



3 comments:

Iriene said...

Great review for a great movie.
You can asked your daddy to buy the
book for you for X'mas present ?????

Small Kucing said...

i have read the book but not the movie

JΞMS£Ɲ said...

@Iriene, Thanks haha. :D

@Small Kucing, Oh, I've yet to read the book but I believe it'll be good. You should watch the movie, its visually captivating. (:

Movie Rating Guide. :)

Lately, I've changed my movie ratings a little. (:


Plot :

is the flow & structural plot of the movie itself.

Storyline :

the overall idea & the concept of the movie.

Characters:

The character's overall acting & character built-up in the movie. Or for animation, the voices & character built-up too.

Effects* :

The visual effects, 3D effects, movie scores/music, graphics, animation of a movie respective to it's genre.


SO, there it is. Thanks! :)